Purpose of committee
Is responsible for:
· The discharge on behalf of the council of all licensing functions contained in the Licensing Act 2003 other than the determination of a licensing policy in accordance with section 5 of that Act.
· The discharge on behalf of the council of all licensing functions contained in the Gambling Act 2005 other than the determination of a gambling policy in accordance with section 349 of that Act.
· Fee setting, where appropriate, under the Gambling Act 2005, Town and Police Clauses Act 1847 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
· The review of premises licences of a particular class by the licensing authority under section 200(1) of the Gambling Act 2005.
- Leanne Birkett (Secretary)
- Clinton Boyce (Secretary)
- Councillor Graham Roberts (Chair)
- Councillor John Bowman
- Councillor Hugh Branney
- Councillor Fred Gleaves
- Councillor Ian Hill
- Councillor Linda Jones-Bulman
- Councillor Bob Kelly
- Councillor Jean Lewthwaite
- Councillor Charles Edward Maudling (Deputy Chair)
- Councillor Christopher Reay
- Councillor Paul Whalley
- Marlene Jewell (Secretary)
- Councillor John Kane
- Jackie O'Reilly (Secretary)
- Louise Coid (Secretary)
Support officer: Marlene Jewell. Tel: 01946 598520