Agenda and minutes
Venue: Bainbridge Room, Copeland Centre, Catherine Street, Whitehaven, CA28 7SJ
Contact: Clive Willoughby Tel: 01946 598328
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Hugh Branney and Jeanette Forster.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interests made at this meeting.
RESOLVED - That the minutes of the meeting held on 11 July 2019 be signed by the Chair as a correct record.
The Electoral and Democratic Services Manager provided the Panel with an overview of the review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2019 and advised that the first public consultation period had closed.
The Panel then considered the comments and suggestions received in the first public consultation period.
Members were then advised that the second public consultation perion would run for six weeks starting 12 August 2019.
· District AE3 (Arlecdon & Frizington) - be merged with District AE1.
· District B1 and B4 (Beckermet) – No change.
· District B2 (Lowside Quarter-Braystones) – Officers to investigate a possible new Polling Station at Tarnside Caravan Club.
· District BCS3 and BCS4 (Waberthwaite) – No change, although BCS4 to be looked at by the Copeland Disability Forum.
· District BCS5 and BCS13 (Eskdales) – be merged to become BCS5.
· District BCS11 and BCS12 (Whicham) – be merged to become BCS11.
· District CM3 (Cleator Moor) – Members would like to split the district, but no suitable venue for a Polling Station is available at present.
· District CO1 and CO2 (Corkickle) – be merged to become CO1.
· District DLP2 (Distington) – an alternative to the use of 51 Pica Cottages is being sought due to the lack of disabled access.
· District DLP3 (Lowca) – an alternative to the use of Lowca Village Hall is being sought due to its poor state of repair.
· District E1 and E4 (Egremont) – be merged to become E1.
· District E6 and E5 (Egremont) – be merged to become E4.
· District GS1 and GS4 (Ponsonby) – be merged to become GS1.
· District GS3 and GS9 (Wasdale) – be merged to become GS3.
· District GS8 (Irton with Santon) – No change.
· District H1 (Whitehaven, Harras) – due to no suitable venue for a Polling Station being available at present, the use of a Mobile Polling Station be investigated.
· District H2, H3, H4 and H5 (Hillcrest) – be amended as per Officer recommendations to become H2, H3 and H4.
· District S4 (Sneakyeat) – No change at present, however, an alternative venue to 8 Rutland Drive is being sought.
· District SB1 and SB3 (Lowside Quarter/Nethertown) – be merged to become SB1.
Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Electoral Review Panel will be held following the close of the second consultation period. The Electoral and Democratic Services Manager in liaison with the Chair, will select a suitable date and time then all Panel Members will be notified.