Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: The Carlisle Room, The Copeland Centre, Catherine Street, Whitehaven. CA28 7SJ
Contact: Clive Willoughby Tel: 01946 598328
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Sam Meteer and Jeffrey Hailes.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest made at this meeting.
RESOLVED - That the minutes of the meeting held on 7 August 2019 be signed by the Chair as a correct record.
The Electoral and Democratic Services Manager provided the Panel with an overview of the review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2019 following the first and second public consultations. Agreement was sought on the final proposals.
RESOLVED: - that
· District AE-3 (Arlecdon & Frizington) - be merged with District AE-1 and electors to vote at Adams Memorial Hall in future rather than Kirkland Mission.
· District AE-4 to AE-8 be renumbered accordingly, due to the removal of AE-3 as outlined above.
· District B-2 (Lowside Quarter-Braystones) – investigations resulted in no change of polling station due to unsuitability for electors.
· District BCS-3 and BCS4 (Waberthwaite) – investigation by Copeland Disability Forum deemed Corney Parish Hall to be an unsuitable venue for polling duties, this has resulted in moving BCS-4 electors from Corney Parish Hall to Waberthwaite Village Hall. Corney Parish Hall will keep us up to date on renovations which, once completed, will be reviewed.
· District BCS-5 and BCS-13 (Eskdale) – be merged to become BCS-5.
· District BCS-11 and BCS-12 (Whicham) – be merged to become BCS-11.
· District CM-3 (Cleator Moor) – members would like to split the polling district, but no suitable venue for a Polling Station is available at present. Officers will continue investigations.
· District CO-1 and CO-2 (Corkickle) – be merged to become CO-1.
· District CO-3 to CO-4 to be renumbered accordingly, due to the removal of CO-2 as outlined as above.
· District DLP-2 (Pica) – alternative polling station investigated, but none suitable available.
· District DLP-3 (Lowca) – alternative polling station investigated, but none suitable available.
· District E-1 and E-4 (Egremont) – be merged to become E-1, the allocated polling station will be The Meeting Place, Main Street, Egremont.
· District E-6 and E-5 (Egremont) – be merged to become E-4, the allocated polling station will be Masonic Hall, Bookwell. These changes result in St Mary’s Parish Centre to no longer be used as a polling station.
· District GS-1 and GS-4 (Ponsonby) – be merged to become GS-1.
· District GS-3 and GS-9 (Wasdale) – be merged to become GS-3.
· District GS-10 and GS-11 (Seascale) – be merged to become GS-10.
· District GS-4 to GS-10 to be renumbered accordingly due to the changes outlined above.
· District H-1 (Whitehaven, Harras Ward) – due to no suitable venue for a Polling Station being available at present, the use of a Mobile Polling Station be investigated.
· District H-2, H-3, H-4 and H-5 (Hillcrest) – be amended as per Officer recommendations to become H-2, H-3 and H-4 respectively.
· District MO-2 and MO-3 (Morseby) – be merged to become MO-2
· District MO-4 to be renumbered to MO-3.
· District S-1 (Sneckyeat North Ward) – polling station to change from Hensingham Primary School to Richmond Pensioners Club.
· District S-4 (Sneakyeat South Ward) – no change at present, however, an alternative venue to 8 Rutland Drive should be investigated.
· District SB-1 and SB-3 (Lowside Quarter/Nethertown) – be merged to become SB-1.
· District SB-4 to SB-5 to be renumbered accordingly due to the change outlined above.
Changes to be implemented ... view the full minutes text for item ERP 19/14